Bortek Industries, Inc.
Field Service Technician – A fusion of mechanic and customer service representative
As a Field Service Technician, you’ll be visiting a variety of sites – from a railroad car parts manufacturer to a municipality’s shop – to perform planned maintenance, repairs, parts replacements, and servicing on a large range of heavy-duty cleaning equipment. As you work, you’ll bring the positive and helpful Bortek attitude to each location and build relationships with customers. Thanks to you, they’ll be able to look forward to not only well-running machines, but an all-around pleasant interaction as well. In this position, your communication skills will be as valuable as your mechanical skills.
Our technicians have various backgrounds. Some include Auto, RV, Motorcycle, Marine, Bus, and Aircraft. The equipment we work on is powered by engines that are either gasoline, propane, or diesel. Some equipment is powered by battery. We don’t expect you to have experience with cleaning machines; just the motivation and ability to learn.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a mechanic
- Excellent Mechanical Skills – Diagnostics, Problem Solving
- High School or equivalent diploma
- Able to carry up to 50lbs and lift up to 100lbs
- Computer literate, able to use an iPad
- Good Driving Record
- Personable and presentable – portrays a positive image and inspires confidence
- Goal oriented, customer focused – offers help and advice exceeding expectation
- In other words… Be Friendly, Be Skilled, and Be Able to Figure Stuff Out
- Technicians enjoy top pay
- 5-day workweek
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Health insurance: Vision, Medical, Dental
- Excellent retirement plan
- Training (on-line and hands-on)
- Technical support
- Specialty tools
- Monday – Friday work week, hours 7:00 – 4:00
For more information on our specialized, recession-proof equipment business, please browse around our website! Apply online today for immediate consideration. Hiring Now!
Bortek is a drug-free workplace. Criminal background, driving background, and drug screening will be checked on all hires.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeedjobs.com.