Slips and falls on ice are a common cause of injury over the winter months at any facility. A study shows that 29% of all workers compensation claims are due to slip and fall injuries. Make sure you have the ice melt supplies you need to keep your facility safe for employees and customers this winter. We at Bortek exclusively offer Nature’s Best Ice Melt to our customers as the best ice melt on the market.
Nature’s Best is a high performance ice melt safe for use around concrete, asphalt, metal, animals, and vegetation. It is created through the application of a high-performance liquid deicer using “pre-wetting” technology. Through this pre-wetting process, granular ice-melt performs better, melts faster and lasts longer. This ice melt contains a unique mix of 4 chlorides that effectively melts ice and snow in temperatures below 0°F!
Nature’s Best Key Features:
- 4-way blend of naturally occurring chlorides: Potassium, Calcium and Sodium chlorieds encapsulated with liquid Magnesium chloride (SOS)
- High-performance ice melt that is safe for use around concrete, asphalt, metal, animals, and vegetation
- Effectively melts ice and snow down below 0°F
- Made with creened salt that has smaller crystals that turn into brine more quickly than larger crystals
- Blue color absorbs heat from the sun on cold sunny days to help the melting process
- Liquid de-icer to granular ice-melt using “pre-wetting” technology: through the pre-wetting process, granular ice-melt performs better, melts faster and lasts longer
- 50lb bag
For Best Results:
When applying Nature’s Best Ice Melt, remove any existing loose snow and slush from driveways, steps and walkways prior to application of ice-melt. Evenly sprinkle Nature’s Best on desired surfaces. Melting should begin immediately. Once snow and ice have sufficiently melted, shovel off slush. Thick accumulations may require additional application. Nature’s Best may also be kept in cars and trucks for use any time when traction is needed.
Do not use on concrete that is less than one year old, or that was not properly mixed, finished, or cured. Flaking may occur when using any ice-melting product on concrete surfaces, especially those that are poorly constructed or contain porous concrete. When used in these situations, Nature’s Best will cause less damage than most other deicers and will reduce the number of concrete freeze/thaw cycles, which also greatly contributes to concrete damage.